Skip to main content

From MTS to MBA

  It was a year ago this week I got a call while sorting out pee at the peepee palace. I had been told of a job as a receptionist that would pay 2 dollars more than I was currently making. However, it was temporary and started the next day. I was hesitant and reluctant, but I said yes.
  A year later, I have moved from receptionist to customer service and have enjoyed every painstaking and agonizing moment of angry customers and the happiness and friendships that have planted and blossomed as well.
  Most people who know me know that I started my masters this past August. It has been a good learning experience and I have enjoyed it. It was a means to further my knowledge of the Church and the RCIA program. It was a great idea, at the time, because more than anything I wanted to be involved with this program and get paid to teach Catholic doctrine.
  But...things have changed. I have changed. I have for the first time in my work history I have been challenged. Working in the corporate world has opened my eyes to a whole new world. And. I. Love. It. I'm even good at it. I have always learned quickly and have always done a damn good job and while trying to do the best I can. Granted, I have a lot of things to learn and a long way to go, but I feel like I could spend the rest of my life doing what I am a doing and moving up the corporate ladder.
  I have made the choice to stop my masters in theology and wait until I marry then pursue my masters of business administration. This decision seems so logical. It was something I didn't think I could do. It was something I never saw for myself, but I feel great about it. And excited. So totally excited.
  If I could ask something of you...prayers. Please. A lot has happened in my life in the last 6 months and a lot, I believe, will happen in the following 12. So prayers as I pursue what God has led me to in finally realizing my talent and desire.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beneath the Weeping Willow

  "The willow submits to the wind and prospers until one day it is many willows—a wall against the wind. This is the willow's purpose." —  Frank Herbert, Dune   Time, although a very evasive concept, is in each moment a gift. And most often, I don't stop to look back at the road I have traveled on. Even more so, the road Justin and I have travelled together. But today it is warranted. Today marks 9 years as husband and wife, and 9 years of truly some amazing and adverse moments. We have lost the most cherished and birthed the most loved all the while interwoven with each other.    I will be the first to admit that our day to day appears to some: mundane. However, inside the ordinary he and I together have understood the profundity of love. It is brash and loud, but it is also cautious and quiet.  "Love is a many splendored thing."  It is the true basis of community, and I am proud of the community we have built.   The  willow  is the t...

Being his girlfriend

"Are you happy being my girlfriend?" He asks. In all seriousness. In all honesty. He asks. Never once have I been asked such a damned difficult question. Never once have I been asked that slight simple question. Never once have I been asked THAT question.   Immediately, my head goes a thousand different directions. I want to give him the most honest answer. But lately I feel as though I am trying to quantity my happiness. Yes. I. Am. Happy. But what is happiness? Am I? Can I honestly say that I am happy? I don't know.   Before I make an ass out of myself, I must say this: not one time in the history of Aly and men has she ever felt like her significant other was shelter. You know that line from Finding Nemo where Dory says to Marlin, "When I look at you, I remember. When I look at you, I am home." That's the way I feel when I am in his arms. Home. Perhaps it best not to tell him such a bold thought, but it's true.   Back to this question. Am I happy b...

The Breath of Life

   "I c-c-c-can't stop shaking." "Oh, that is normal," he said as he looked down at me before he peered back over the blue medical sheet in front of my face. I couldn't. I just couldn't stop the incessant shaking. The moment of welcoming my son had played out in my head everyday for the last 10 months, and I promise, this was NOT it.   We arrived 30 hours prior, and my utopistic idea of induction had not come true.    "There are only a few reasons we would revert to a cesarean section... 1. He is under stress. 2. I am under stress. 3. He isn't progressing after some time, but chances are we won't get there."    So, after 22 hours of quite intense labor, I found myself being prepped for a c-section. I'll be the first to admit, my words of, "We will do what we have to do to have a healthy baby," seemed so far gone now. I wasn't sure emotionally how I had gotten this far, or even how I would get further.   "We are go...