Skip to main content

A lot of change...a little fear

   *sigh* Okay, I think I am ready. I think my heart has reset and slowed down just a bit even though it knows that things are not going to be the same for the next month. My best friend and part of her family left for England/Paris today. So, where does that leave the other part? With me =) I have procured 2 kids, 2 dogs, 2 cats, a house, and some fish. Damn... I think I might be a little over my head.
    But, with help, I won't be doing it alone. There must be something said for someone who is willing to hang out with you everyday. Call it relationship building, or call it what you want, it doesn't matter. What matters is that since I have since procured said large estate for the next 10 days, I don't have to worry, from his mouth, that I will be left to my own devices. It is odd really. I believe that if I were still with brown boy I wouldn't see him for 10 days, but that could just be an assumption, albeit a legitimate one.
     However, this time, I am not alone. I realize that from today until the middle of April, he and I will no longer have time just by ourselves. It will be us and the kids, then just me, then us and his parents. Wait...not freaked about meeting a friend's parents. Nope. Not at all! Well, to be honest, I have met them before, so it is a little bit unbothersome, but...it is still a change from our normal routine.
     I think that is the whole point: it is change from our normal routine. It is just a change. I have nothing to fear. Right? Yes. That is correct. Nothing to fear. I think sometimes I feel that as everything goes well in my life (with whomever) I have to maintain a certain balance of normalacy and constancy...but that isn't real life. Real life gets thrown around and shuffled and fucked up and banged around and sometimes downright indistinguishable from a pile of shit. So, to think that I could keep some sort of normalcy in anything is a joke on me.
     I am just thankful for those people in my life who recognize where my path is and where my time and energy is going. It is a means for me to expand myself and my heart to allow people and experiences to take me where they wish. I am blessed, and I am grateful.
    If you think of me in the next month, please send a prayer to our gracious Father. I need prayers...always prayers. Be blessed friends. Be blessed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arithmetic of Purpose

   By nature, humans will, at one point in their life, ask the question, "For what purpose? Why am I here? What am I meant to do?" Okay, maybe they will ask themselves more than 1 question...but at least around the same theme. "Who am I, and why am I here?" It is built in our very DNA. Growing up, I didn't ask this often. I had a loving family who went with the current. Who I was and why I was here was bound up in my place in my family of 4. I was comfy. I was loved. I was secure. But alas...the question presented itself.   I first asked myself this question walking down the streets of Rome. I was alone, I was 21, and I was lost. I had just finished AmeriCorps and felt like I wanted something, but wasn't sure what that was. I had found my faith, at last, and realized that perhaps I wanted to be a bigger part of the Church collective. I felt meaning to my nothingness. I went home with direction. I graduated from college, finally, and started grad school to be

A goodbye love letter to you...

  I sat across from my dad at lunch, yesterday, and asked him, "Do you know what tomorrow is?" He said, "Yeah. 1 year." And his eyes grew damp. "I'll never forget walking into that room..." He didn't continue. I didn't ask him to. "I'll never forget the police officer banging on my door at 1130 at night..." I didn't continue. He didn't ask me to.  "This journal was given to me several years ago by my children. I know they wanted me to write down my thoughts to get through the rough times I was going through at the time. I did not start this at that time. Why am I starting it now? Well, I only thought I had been through hell back then, but now I realize I didn't have any idea what heartache was until Aug 15, 2010 -"   This is the beginning of one of my mother's journals. A journal she started a little over a month after Andy died. And she wrote it--to him.  "Dear Mother - Today is the day before Mothe

The sun will come out...when?

   I could have really used the sun today. You know that feeling between being in an okay mood and being in a not so okay mood? Well, I am there. And, I know for a fact that the sun would have pushed me to the side of okay...or maybe even taken me to great. No sun today. Just grey, blah weather. I hate it! It makes me doubt things. It makes me create things in my mind. It makes me think of the demeantors breeding bad juju.    I need the sun. Today has been more of a blah day than I have experienced in a long while. The weather isn't just hazy, I have become haze. The weather isn't just dank. I have become dank. The weather isn't just cold. I have become cold. So much so that the phone I answer at work would better serve me if thrown through the window in front of me. So much so that the cell phone I keep in touch with my friends would better serve me if broken.     SAD: seasonal affective disorder. I think most people know what this is. I have never thought I was driven s