Skip to main content

Circles

   Sometimes I wonder if God works in shapes as much as He does numbers. In scripture, we see significance in numbers throughout its entirety. But, this week, He has shown me He also works in shapes.
   I will admit, it has been a rough 2 weeks. I still feel as if I am reeling from the change in the status of my relationship with brown boy, but I know that that status must change. There is no way it couldn't. I was always aware. However, it doesn't make it easy. On Sunday, I was contacted by a former and in one moment, as I read this message, I felt a complete sense of indifference. It wasn't until a few days later when I received a message from another former that I saw a shape.
    I wrote recently of a feeling of change. I wrote of this impending feeling of work that is soon to be done in my life. I don't know what or when or anything else...but I know it is coming. Well, this week has ushered a nice circle shape. When I saw the message I was shocked and excited and confused...all because I couldn't figure out why now.
    For what purpose was God bringing me back full circle to this person? For what purpose was this happening now? Was it to soften the blow of reality I was/am dealing with concerning the loss of the brown one? Was it because there was unfinished business I needed to wrap up? Was it for a grander purpose? I don't know...I still don't know. But, what I do know is this: the former is different. The former, the one who makes the last year and a half a circle, has encouraged and inspired in a short time.
    We have all heard the quote: "Some people come into our lives for a short time and some for a lifetime." So, God showed me two shapes this week: the straight line I desire to find my way and the circle of perhaps help I may need to get there. I don't carry within me a deep sense of confusion toward this new aspect of my life. I don't even carry expectation or desire. I see a plain enclosed circle. For we have come full circle, he and I once again. Friends once...friends again. I feel blessed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beneath the Weeping Willow

  "The willow submits to the wind and prospers until one day it is many willows—a wall against the wind. This is the willow's purpose." —  Frank Herbert, Dune   Time, although a very evasive concept, is in each moment a gift. And most often, I don't stop to look back at the road I have traveled on. Even more so, the road Justin and I have travelled together. But today it is warranted. Today marks 9 years as husband and wife, and 9 years of truly some amazing and adverse moments. We have lost the most cherished and birthed the most loved all the while interwoven with each other.    I will be the first to admit that our day to day appears to some: mundane. However, inside the ordinary he and I together have understood the profundity of love. It is brash and loud, but it is also cautious and quiet.  "Love is a many splendored thing."  It is the true basis of community, and I am proud of the community we have built.   The  willow  is the t...

Being his girlfriend

"Are you happy being my girlfriend?" He asks. In all seriousness. In all honesty. He asks. Never once have I been asked such a damned difficult question. Never once have I been asked that slight simple question. Never once have I been asked THAT question.   Immediately, my head goes a thousand different directions. I want to give him the most honest answer. But lately I feel as though I am trying to quantity my happiness. Yes. I. Am. Happy. But what is happiness? Am I? Can I honestly say that I am happy? I don't know.   Before I make an ass out of myself, I must say this: not one time in the history of Aly and men has she ever felt like her significant other was shelter. You know that line from Finding Nemo where Dory says to Marlin, "When I look at you, I remember. When I look at you, I am home." That's the way I feel when I am in his arms. Home. Perhaps it best not to tell him such a bold thought, but it's true.   Back to this question. Am I happy b...

The Breath of Life

   "I c-c-c-can't stop shaking." "Oh, that is normal," he said as he looked down at me before he peered back over the blue medical sheet in front of my face. I couldn't. I just couldn't stop the incessant shaking. The moment of welcoming my son had played out in my head everyday for the last 10 months, and I promise, this was NOT it.   We arrived 30 hours prior, and my utopistic idea of induction had not come true.    "There are only a few reasons we would revert to a cesarean section... 1. He is under stress. 2. I am under stress. 3. He isn't progressing after some time, but chances are we won't get there."    So, after 22 hours of quite intense labor, I found myself being prepped for a c-section. I'll be the first to admit, my words of, "We will do what we have to do to have a healthy baby," seemed so far gone now. I wasn't sure emotionally how I had gotten this far, or even how I would get further.   "We are go...