Skip to main content

Girl with moments

   Even though I think that I know myself pretty well, I am still trying to figure out how to change certain things about my character that I don't particularly care for. But how? I have these moments. Or so they have been dubbed. Times, in which, I will be bothered by something and because I can't seem to hide it, will be oozing out of every pore in my body.
   But, here is the deal. When I was younger, I used to pretend that nothing bothered me, and hide everything. I thought that to allow people to see me when I am having these "moments" was the change I needed. Apparently, they are more damaging than anything. So, what changed? I did. I actively decided to allow people into my world. I want to go back now.
   Why? Because, I have been told that it is "all about me." I might have that mentality, and I might have that problem. The thing is, and this is the complete truth, I can't and don't see it that way. I wish that someone could come and fix my glitches. I need someone who can come and erase those "sensitive" feelings in me. The funny thing...is that these moments will only happen with people I deeply care for.
   I have heard that those you are closest to can cause the most hurt. I know this...because I hurt people and I don't mean to. I feel a sudden remorse for my actions, and I wish nothing more than to fix the situation. It saddens me when I find out I hurt someone...but I don't know I hurt them unless they tell me. Why do I have moments? Because I tell someone when I feel uncomfortable or hurt or such...I figure that it will be okay and things can be fixed if it is talked and addressed.
   But, this has only caused me to look like I only care about myself. Which could be farther from the truth...but perception is everything. If someone perceives something about me, I wish that they would tell me. I always wish to rectify...I just don't always get the chance.
   I know that to be jaded is not what I want. I know that to be cold-hearted is not what I want. I know that to be unfeeling is not what I want. But, I want to get rid of these moments. Or, at least surround myself with people who realize that they aren't going anywhere...and so they are just going to have to deal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beneath the Weeping Willow

  "The willow submits to the wind and prospers until one day it is many willows—a wall against the wind. This is the willow's purpose." —  Frank Herbert, Dune   Time, although a very evasive concept, is in each moment a gift. And most often, I don't stop to look back at the road I have traveled on. Even more so, the road Justin and I have travelled together. But today it is warranted. Today marks 9 years as husband and wife, and 9 years of truly some amazing and adverse moments. We have lost the most cherished and birthed the most loved all the while interwoven with each other.    I will be the first to admit that our day to day appears to some: mundane. However, inside the ordinary he and I together have understood the profundity of love. It is brash and loud, but it is also cautious and quiet.  "Love is a many splendored thing."  It is the true basis of community, and I am proud of the community we have built.   The  willow  is the t...

The Breath of Life

   "I c-c-c-can't stop shaking." "Oh, that is normal," he said as he looked down at me before he peered back over the blue medical sheet in front of my face. I couldn't. I just couldn't stop the incessant shaking. The moment of welcoming my son had played out in my head everyday for the last 10 months, and I promise, this was NOT it.   We arrived 30 hours prior, and my utopistic idea of induction had not come true.    "There are only a few reasons we would revert to a cesarean section... 1. He is under stress. 2. I am under stress. 3. He isn't progressing after some time, but chances are we won't get there."    So, after 22 hours of quite intense labor, I found myself being prepped for a c-section. I'll be the first to admit, my words of, "We will do what we have to do to have a healthy baby," seemed so far gone now. I wasn't sure emotionally how I had gotten this far, or even how I would get further.   "We are go...

Being his girlfriend

"Are you happy being my girlfriend?" He asks. In all seriousness. In all honesty. He asks. Never once have I been asked such a damned difficult question. Never once have I been asked that slight simple question. Never once have I been asked THAT question.   Immediately, my head goes a thousand different directions. I want to give him the most honest answer. But lately I feel as though I am trying to quantity my happiness. Yes. I. Am. Happy. But what is happiness? Am I? Can I honestly say that I am happy? I don't know.   Before I make an ass out of myself, I must say this: not one time in the history of Aly and men has she ever felt like her significant other was shelter. You know that line from Finding Nemo where Dory says to Marlin, "When I look at you, I remember. When I look at you, I am home." That's the way I feel when I am in his arms. Home. Perhaps it best not to tell him such a bold thought, but it's true.   Back to this question. Am I happy b...