Skip to main content

Finally moving on (pt.2)

   Last night, he sent me a snap of him and his girlfriend. My reaction...indifference. I texted him and told him I thought they were adorable together, and I meant it. He apologized for sending it to me, and whether he meant to or not or it was by accident doesn't matter. I no longer care. Now, I don't mean that as in I don't care about him or his heart or his feelings, I no longer care of what he has to do with my heart or my feelings.
   I remember the last time I had a post entitled: "Finally moving on," I had just come from a purging experience and felt the beauty of release. I feel that again. But, the purging has come from my own strength and not the nervous feeling I had when I craved the distance between me and the other person. I think, through being given the opportunity to share in the last several months with brown boy, I have learned more about myself. I still struggle with being comfortable in things, but at least I am willing to admit them.
   I am tired of dredging up the past with him. It happened. It is over. Done. Finite. So, what happened today? It was brought up. But, I think there will always be a small part of me that wants to bring it up. Even though I am not responsible this time...I have been in the past. Why will I always wish? Because I feel no sense of clarity how things ended. Something he told me at the concert this weekend, "That was the thing, you didn't trust me." Perhaps not...perhaps I didn't. Perhaps I always had a false sense of security with him.
   But, so what? I would like to say that I am secure enough in myself that I didn't need that in someone else. However, I wasn't exactly a walk in the park. I have moments that I acted like a complete fuck up too. I think someone should make a pair of binoculars out of my eyes so that he can finally see through my perspective. And then me through his. Because as much as I hate relativity...perspective is nothing but relative.
   There is a line of which I never want to cross again with him...bringing up the past. It is too painful and not something that we will ever reconcile. And, I am okay with that. If I were meant to be in a long term relationship with brown boy, then we would have worked it out. We could have been able to set aside all that hurt and suffering and just simply embraced the good and beautiful. Here we are...apart: no longer together...and we are better for it. We had okay times, good times, great times, and spectacular times, and a few hard ones. All which made us friends with unspeakable memories.
    This is it. This post is the end. I am moving on. I am planning soon to make another grand gesture that could render me completely vulnerable and a bit scared. I did it once before, but this time I am not as young or weak as I once was. I ask for your prayers.
    I woke with the explicit feeling of genuine peace. Why? Because I didn't lose anything...I never did. I gained a brown best friend. Isn't that enough? Of course...it is more than I could ask for. Perhaps more than I deserve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beneath the Weeping Willow

  "The willow submits to the wind and prospers until one day it is many willows—a wall against the wind. This is the willow's purpose." —  Frank Herbert, Dune   Time, although a very evasive concept, is in each moment a gift. And most often, I don't stop to look back at the road I have traveled on. Even more so, the road Justin and I have travelled together. But today it is warranted. Today marks 9 years as husband and wife, and 9 years of truly some amazing and adverse moments. We have lost the most cherished and birthed the most loved all the while interwoven with each other.    I will be the first to admit that our day to day appears to some: mundane. However, inside the ordinary he and I together have understood the profundity of love. It is brash and loud, but it is also cautious and quiet.  "Love is a many splendored thing."  It is the true basis of community, and I am proud of the community we have built.   The  willow  is the t...

Being his girlfriend

"Are you happy being my girlfriend?" He asks. In all seriousness. In all honesty. He asks. Never once have I been asked such a damned difficult question. Never once have I been asked that slight simple question. Never once have I been asked THAT question.   Immediately, my head goes a thousand different directions. I want to give him the most honest answer. But lately I feel as though I am trying to quantity my happiness. Yes. I. Am. Happy. But what is happiness? Am I? Can I honestly say that I am happy? I don't know.   Before I make an ass out of myself, I must say this: not one time in the history of Aly and men has she ever felt like her significant other was shelter. You know that line from Finding Nemo where Dory says to Marlin, "When I look at you, I remember. When I look at you, I am home." That's the way I feel when I am in his arms. Home. Perhaps it best not to tell him such a bold thought, but it's true.   Back to this question. Am I happy b...

The Breath of Life

   "I c-c-c-can't stop shaking." "Oh, that is normal," he said as he looked down at me before he peered back over the blue medical sheet in front of my face. I couldn't. I just couldn't stop the incessant shaking. The moment of welcoming my son had played out in my head everyday for the last 10 months, and I promise, this was NOT it.   We arrived 30 hours prior, and my utopistic idea of induction had not come true.    "There are only a few reasons we would revert to a cesarean section... 1. He is under stress. 2. I am under stress. 3. He isn't progressing after some time, but chances are we won't get there."    So, after 22 hours of quite intense labor, I found myself being prepped for a c-section. I'll be the first to admit, my words of, "We will do what we have to do to have a healthy baby," seemed so far gone now. I wasn't sure emotionally how I had gotten this far, or even how I would get further.   "We are go...