Skip to main content

Is it because I am ovulating?

   When I have times I can't seem to understand why I am emotional or why I am feeling a certain way that has no bearing on they way I have been, I check my calendar. Because there might be a chance I am in the middle of my ovulation cycle. This is not something I know, but a little app has helped on more than one occasion to help figure out just why random emotions are deciding to invade my life.
    I could sit here and write out all the things that are racing through my mind, and then tell you I am ovulating...some might think then that what I feel or think should be unwarranted. But, that is unfair and unkind. I deserve these emotions...I deserve what comes with them. So, what are they?
    We kissed. Okay, we kissed a lot. And it was familiar. I had experienced this before. I had felt his lips before...but it had been a long while. And, even though I didn't want it to stop, it wasn't exactly what was on my agenda for the evening. He was...he had been on my agenda for the last 12 days out of 2 weeks, but not necessarily like this. I didn't and don't want to end up in the same position I found myself with him oh so long ago.
    However, I don't believe that will be the case. I honestly think that he and I will end up differently than before. So, where is that? Who the fuck knows. But, I am not running around looking for the "A & J" finish line. I figure if we are meant to continue to be in each other's lives then it will happen. He and I are much different people than we were the first time around. Yes, I will admit that his kisses are familiar and were missed. His attention to details were long shut away but brought back and celebrated.
     This time...as I told him I was scared he might run away again leaving me to take said feelings and lock them up placing them on the shelves ONCE AGAIN, he said it was us--and he wasn't going anywhere. Sure, I trust that. Things are different. We are different. There is one thing I refuse to do this time or anytime again...be a secret. Be a kissed lover in the shadows of the house and a friend in the daylight of the world. Be a confidante in most things but not in the most important things. Be a distraction from the fact that one day they will have to grow up--but not right now--and I can help pretend that that day doesn't exist. Be an after-thought. Be anything but what I deserve.
    Now, wait! Before anyone thinks that this was or is the relationship I have with J you must not believe so...because it is isn't/wasn't. Or, at least most of it wasn't/isn't. What this is is a litany of things I can't do for another again. The last year and a half have been spent building my own dignity and having parts of it chipped away. But, I can't settle or allow myself to be anyone but me again. I refuse to be molded into a shape that completely disregards what I hope, believe, or think. I happen to think that this time around...I will have no worries.
    All these things are important, all these things I deserve and will have. All these things I will graciously return to the other person who holds my heart. And I will believe these things to be true even after Monday when I stop ovulating.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beneath the Weeping Willow

  "The willow submits to the wind and prospers until one day it is many willows—a wall against the wind. This is the willow's purpose." —  Frank Herbert, Dune   Time, although a very evasive concept, is in each moment a gift. And most often, I don't stop to look back at the road I have traveled on. Even more so, the road Justin and I have travelled together. But today it is warranted. Today marks 9 years as husband and wife, and 9 years of truly some amazing and adverse moments. We have lost the most cherished and birthed the most loved all the while interwoven with each other.    I will be the first to admit that our day to day appears to some: mundane. However, inside the ordinary he and I together have understood the profundity of love. It is brash and loud, but it is also cautious and quiet.  "Love is a many splendored thing."  It is the true basis of community, and I am proud of the community we have built.   The  willow  is the t...

The Breath of Life

   "I c-c-c-can't stop shaking." "Oh, that is normal," he said as he looked down at me before he peered back over the blue medical sheet in front of my face. I couldn't. I just couldn't stop the incessant shaking. The moment of welcoming my son had played out in my head everyday for the last 10 months, and I promise, this was NOT it.   We arrived 30 hours prior, and my utopistic idea of induction had not come true.    "There are only a few reasons we would revert to a cesarean section... 1. He is under stress. 2. I am under stress. 3. He isn't progressing after some time, but chances are we won't get there."    So, after 22 hours of quite intense labor, I found myself being prepped for a c-section. I'll be the first to admit, my words of, "We will do what we have to do to have a healthy baby," seemed so far gone now. I wasn't sure emotionally how I had gotten this far, or even how I would get further.   "We are go...

Being his girlfriend

"Are you happy being my girlfriend?" He asks. In all seriousness. In all honesty. He asks. Never once have I been asked such a damned difficult question. Never once have I been asked that slight simple question. Never once have I been asked THAT question.   Immediately, my head goes a thousand different directions. I want to give him the most honest answer. But lately I feel as though I am trying to quantity my happiness. Yes. I. Am. Happy. But what is happiness? Am I? Can I honestly say that I am happy? I don't know.   Before I make an ass out of myself, I must say this: not one time in the history of Aly and men has she ever felt like her significant other was shelter. You know that line from Finding Nemo where Dory says to Marlin, "When I look at you, I remember. When I look at you, I am home." That's the way I feel when I am in his arms. Home. Perhaps it best not to tell him such a bold thought, but it's true.   Back to this question. Am I happy b...